Papaya, Apple, and Oat Smoothie for Balancing Your Digestive System
People who suffer from digestive problems should try this delicious smoothie. It’s made with papaya, apple, and oats. The best part about it is that it’s great for balancing your digestive system.
In this article, discover the surprising properties of this surprising smoothie that helps you improve your digestion and give your body a great amount of nutrients.
Improve your digestion with your diet
Digestive problems are usually a consequence of an imbalanced diet. However, there are also other physical and emotional factors that can affect you. This includes affecting your stomach, liver, and intestine.
In addition, you need to keep in mind that not every food will make you feel better if you suffer from a digestive disorder. It doesn’t matter if it’s healthy for you.
No matter what, you need to eat a balanced and varied diet. Pay attention to the foods that make you feel better. Doing this lets you build your own diet.
Some foods are usually very beneficial for almost everyone who suffers from some kind of digestive disorder. Below, we’re going to show you three of them. These can be drunk together as a smoothie.
Papaya is a tropical fruit that’s rich in sugar and fiber. This stands out because of its high content of beta-carotenes. These give it its characteristic orange color.
It’s also a source of vitamins A, B, and C. Thanks to it’s enzyme papain and other nutrients, papaya is fantastic for your digestion. This is because it:
- Has anti-inflammatory properties: it calms pain and inflammation in your whole digestive tract.
- Encourages digestion. This is especially true of foods that are rich in protein like meats and fish.
- Reduces stomach acid.
- Dncourages intestinal movement without irritating your intestines.
- The crushed seeds fight intestinal parasites.
Apples are a very common fruit. Sometimes, we don’t appreciate them because we always have them in reach. However, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”.
- Apples stimulate gastric juices. This is thanks to Histidine. It’s very beneficial for ulcers and gastritis.
- Their pectin manages your intestinal movement. This is both if you have a tendency to have constipation or diarrhea. Because of this, it’s great for managing diseases like irritable bowel syndrome.
- Malic acid encourages a healthy liver and gallbladder. As a result, it helps with the digestion of fats.
- Soluble fiber in apples slows the absorption of glucose during the digestion process.
- It alkalinizes your body.
- It reduces bad breath.
We recommend always eating organic apples. This is because it’s a fruit that usually needs a lot of pesticides.
Oats are one of the best cereals that you can eat. This is because its nutritional values are fairly complete. They’re rich in vitamins, mineral fiber, and mucilage.
Among their many health benefits, we find that oats:
- Contain mucilage, which appears when you soak the oats. These are a kind of soluble fiber that lubricates and protects the inside of your digestive tract. This property is very beneficial for gastritis and colitis problems.
- Stimulate your liver’s functions and help you produce more lecithin.
- Are a very filling food.
- Reduce bile acids.
- Fight constipation.
- Besides these digestive properties, oats regulate your nervous system. This can be very beneficial for people who tend to feel butterflies in their stomach when they get nervous.
Papaya, apple, and oat smoothie
Below, we’re going to tell you how to make this papaya, apple and oat smoothie. It’s both easy and natural.
- 1 round of pineapple
- 1 apple
- 2 tablespoons of oats
- 1 cup of water
- Stevia to sweeten (optional, to taste)
What do you need to do?
- First, the night before, you need to let the oats soak in a cup of water.
- In the morning, blend the water and the oats together with the apple (if it’s organic, with its peel) and the papaya.
- You can add some of the papaya seeds if you want. However, don’t add any more than 10.
- If you want it to be more liquid, add more water.
- Finally, you can sweeten it with stevia.